Water damage can be caused by many things. Thankfully most homeowners' and commercial property policies have coverage for these losses. Following are some examples of how water can damage your home:
- Water supply lines underneath your sinks become damaged or wear out
- Water supply lines in the walls behind where your sinks, tubs, and showers are located become damaged or wear out
- Water supply lines that are underneath your home or commercial building that are embedded in the concrete foundation become damaged or wear out
- Water supply lines that are underneath your home or commercial building that are in the crawlspace of the building become damaged or wear out
- Backups and overflows due to blocked or slow drains
- Backups and overflows due to worn out cast iron plumbing systems
** A special note about plumbing systems, both water supply and drain lines - many policies provide coverage to tear out the old system and to repair the damage due to the tear out when the system causes water damage covered by the policy. Even minor water damage can trigger this valuable coverage - even if the damage resulted from age, wear, and tear of the system. Sadly, many insurers will not tell you about this coverage!
If you have water damage due to any of these or if you don't know where the water is coming from call a plumber immediately, then call us.
Just because your insurer says something is not covered doesn't mean that's the case. Call us and we'll tell you what's covered and what's not.